Welcome to the MRPEABODYANDSHERMANFANDOM WikiEdit
Mr. Peabody & Sherman is an American 3D computer-animated adventure comedy film based on the characters from the Peabody's Improbable History segments of the 1960s animated television series The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. It is produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by 20th Century Fox. Rob Minkoff is the director, and Alex Schwartz and Denise Nolan Cascino are the producers. Tiffany Ward, daughter of Jay Ward, one of the creators of the original series, is the executive producer. Mr. Peabody & Sherman will feature the voices of Ty Burrell, Max Charles, Stephen Colbert, Leslie Mann, Ariel Winter, Allison Janney, and Stephen Tobolowsky. Mr. Peabody & Sherman is the first DreamWorks animated feature to feature characters from the Classic Media library since DreamWorks Animation's 2012 acquisition of Classic Media. The film was released on February 7, 2014, in the United Kingdom, and will be released March 7, 2014, in the United States.
The film features Mr. Peabody, a talking dog who is the smartest being in the world, and his adopted boy Sherman. On his first day of school, Sherman comes into conflict with another classmate, Penny Peterson. The adoption agency informs Peabody that they will reclaim Sherman if any more incidents occur. To complicate this issue, Peabody invites the Petersons over to break the ice. After Sherman's misuse of their time traveling WABAC Machine to impress her has disastrous and comical results, it is up to them to put things on track before the space-time continuum is irreparably destroyed.
- Ty Burrell as Mr. Peabody, a talking dog, business titan, inventor, scientist, Nobel laureate, gourmand, and two-time Olympic medalist.
- Max Charles as Sherman, Peabody's seven-year-old adopted boy. In the original series, Mr. Peabody is Sherman's owner.
- Ariel Winter as Penny Peterson, Mr. & Mrs. Peterson's daughter and Sherman's classmate.
- Stephen Colbert as Paul Peterson, Penny Peterson's father and Patty's husband, a character with no counterpart in the original cartoons.
- Leslie Mann as Patty Peterson, Paul's wife and Penny's mother.
- Allison Janney as Mrs. Grunion, a school counselor.
- Stephen Tobolowsky as Principal Purdy
- Mel Brooks as Sigmund Freud
- Stanley Tucci as Leonardo da Vinci
- Patrick Warburton as King Agamemnon
- Lake Bell as Mona Lisa
- Zach Callison as King Tut
- Lauri Fraser as Marie Antoinette
- Guillaume Aretos as Robespierre
- Dennis Haysbert as Chairman
Mr. Peabody & Sherman went through several release date changes. Originally scheduled for March 2014, DreamWorks Animation's high expectations moved the film to November 2013, replacing another DreamWorks Animation film Me and My Shadow. The last shift happened in February 2013, which pushed the film back to March 7, 2014, reportedly due to "more advantageous release window", again replacing Me and My Shadow. The film premiered a month earlier in the United Kingdom, on February 7, 2014.
The film will be theatrically accompanied with a DreamWorks Animation short film Rocky & Bullwinkle, based on the Rocky and Bullwinkle characters from The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. The short is being directed by Gary Trousdale, who is known for co-directing Beauty and the Beast, produced by Nolan Cascino, and written by Thomas Lennon and Robert Garant. June Foraywill reprise her role as Rocket "Rocky" J. Squirrel, while Tom Kenny will voice Bullwinkle Moose. The short will serve as a test for a possible feature film based on the characters.